Vehicle manufactures are integrating more features into their radios, so removing the factory radio may in effect eliminate some features like heating controls and turn signals.Even wireless phone kits are often integrated into the factory head unit in late model vehicles. Originally most radios fit in a single DIN space in vehicle dashboards (7 inches by 2 inches), but now double-DIN spaces exist (7 inches by 4 inches) as well as even larger oversize dashes. The dashboard change has been significant over the last few years. Today the oversized dashboard unit or the front multimedia unit now accounts for over 70% of new vehicles.
The biggest changes that we’ve seen in more recent years is \’CAN bus\’ (Controlled Area Network) this uses copper wiring and can send data around the vehicle or \’M.O.S.T\’ (media oriented systems transport).
The \’M.O.S.T\’ data bus, which appears primarily in German vehicles, uses fibre optics. Fibre optics saves the vehicle manufactures money by streamlining vehicle electronics. Instead of running a wire for every single electrical function, the signals from those different systems can all be run through a small number of fibre optic cables.
Here at CAT 1 we can integrate onto most manufacturers’ front systems, giving you access to Digital TV, DVD or I-pod connectivity and control.
Below is a list of manufactures we can integrate audio and visual onto the factory system.
• AUDI / VW/ SEAT – Audio and video input for all models with front screen inc MMI
• BMW – Audio and Video input onto factory screen. Inc new I-drive
• BENTLEY – Video input available. Audio through FM modulator
• MERCEDES – Audio and Video input for all Mercedes inc New 2007 models
• RANGE ROVER – Audio and Video available for all models of Range / Land Rover
• TOYOTA / LEXUS – Video input available. Audio through FM modulator
• MINI – Audio and Video input onto factory screen
• PORSCHE – Audio and video input onto factory screen
• NISSAN – Video input available. Audio through FM Modulator
Please obey all traffic laws whilst operating your equipment. It is your responsibility to know and adhere to all applicable laws and regulations. By purchasing this service from CAT 1 you hereby agree that CAT 1, its owners, employees and affiliates cannot be held liable for any accidents, fines, tickets or misuse of its products which may result from the driver’s distraction. Use of this product should be limited to and is intended solely for passenger entertainment and off-road use only.